As Hurricane Irene threatens the East Coast, FEMA has introduced a new mobile app to get information about how to prepare for and recover from hurricanes and other disasters.
- Check off the items you have in your family’s emergency kit
- Enter your family emergency meeting locations
- Review safety tips on what to do before, during and after a disaster
- View a map of shelters and disaster recovery centers across the U.S.
- Read latest FEMA blog posts
When we built the app, we kept the disaster survivor in mind, making sure much of the information would be available even if cell phone service isn’t,” writes Shayne Adamski, Senior Manager, Digital Engagement. “So you’ll be able to access the important information on how to safe after a disaster, as well as your family emergency meeting locations.”
The app is currently available for Android and will be available for Blackberry version 6 devices and iPhones in the coming weeks.